On 17.03.2022 the dinner for the potential and confirmed delegates of the SIBB e.V. Delegation to the East Coast in the end of April. More than 25 Berlin IT business leaders have been engaged into the active discussion about doing business in the USA.
The evening started with the welcoming speech from René Ebert, Managing Director, SIBB e.V., who has reflected on the invasion of Russia to Ukraine and actions being taken in Berlin in solidarity with Ukraine. René has shared the highlights of the delegation program and welcomed the project partners presented on the dinner:
- David Moock, Director Investment - Authorized Investment Representative, Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development
- Markus van Tilburg, Director, Europe Office, Fairfax County Economic Development Authority
- Franziska Ehrhardt, Area Manager USA, Berlin Partner für Wirtschaft und Technologie GmbH
The special credit was given to the strategic partner of the PointOut project, Kristina Garcia, Director, Berlin Business Office, USA, in New York, and will be present during the time of the delegation.
Afterwards the welcome words were given to the special guests:
- Eda Özbay, Referentin für Außenwirtschaft bei Senatsverwaltung für Wirtschaft, Energie und Betriebe, Senatsverwaltung für Wirtschaft, Energie und Betriebe
- Christin Mechler, Investment Specialist & SelectUSA U.S. Embassy Berlin | U.S. Department of Commerce | International Trade Administration
The highlight of the official dinner was the moderated discussion led by Daniel Glazer, Partner, Winson Sonsini. Dan leads Wilson’s London office, which provides US access and support to technology-driven European companies through their US life cycle – US launch, expansion, fundraising, partnerships, M&A and IPO. On the moderated Q&A, Daniel shared the logistical aspects of launching and operating a European business in the States, and setting and meeting expectations for US later-stage funding.